Visualization facilities and services
Visualization improves comprehension of complex data and supercomputer simulations. PTI/UITS Research Technologies provides consulting and development services in areas which include scientific and information visualization and simulation, virtual reality and other advanced interface techniques, 3D data acquisition and computer graphics manipulation services, stereoscopic 3D video and ultra-high resolution photography, and geographic visualizations.
- Consulation for visualization, interaction, and advanced media production - Receive consultations to optimize your vis experience, assist with data preparation and translation tasks, assess if and how vis can aid or enhance proposals for funding, and limited custom software development from UITS Research Technologies Advanced Visualization staff.
- Education, outreach and training for visualization, interaction, and advanced media - Trainings for select topics, tours and extended summer camps, and activities/demonstrations for fairs, exhibitions, and conferences offered by UITS Research Technologies Advanced Visualization Lab.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) consulting services - Receive consultation services for GIS and remote sensing software, Indiana's massively large geospatial datasets and documents.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software - Access to GIS and remote sensing software, Indiana's massively large geospatial datasets and documents, and consulation services.
- Science on a Sphere visualization resource - A spherical display that uses a computer and four projectors to create a seamless image on a globe nearly 6' in diameter to display a variety of scientific and information visualizations and to incorporate into digital art and other interactive experiences.
- Software for advanced visualization - A list of some of the software packages and tools used recently by the Advanced Visualization Lab.
- Tours of visualization facilities - Tours to learn more about visualization, interaction, and advanced media technology offered by the UITS Research Technologies Advanced Visualiation Lab staff.
- Visualization technology systems:
- 3D digitization - Small object and facial scanning devices and consultation services.
- 3D stereoscopic video camera rigs - Cameras for filming live-action stereoscopic video sequences.
- IQ-Force visualization resource - A table-top device that combines stereographic rendering with physical force and tactile feedbac which allows the user to see their real hand in the same physical vicinity as the virtual simulation providing a more natural sense of scale, orientation, and augmentation.
- IQ-Station visualization resource - Stereoscopic display with optional user interface components including touchscreens and/or input device tracking suitable for scientific research groups, stereoscopic screening and production, as well as conferences and outreach events.
- IQ-Table visualization resource - A 55" monitor equipped with 32-point multi-touch capabilities, ideal for building lobbies, libraries, or off-site exhibits.
- IQ-Tilt visualization resource - Four monitors tiled together to create nearly 100" of display that pivots on an axis and can be reconfigured in less than ten minutes into either horizontal table or a vertical wall positions.
- IQ-Wall visualization resource - An AVL design that tiles thin, energy efficient flat-screen monitors into configurations that meet the requirements of the users and the space.
- Ultra-high resolution photography Gigapan robot - Used to automatically capture multiple 2D photographs of a scene or environment, which can then be composited together to form a very large, high-resolution image which users can view and interact with via standard web browsers running an additional plug-in.
- Virtual reality theater - A bright, high resolution immersive virtual reality technology suitable for individual and group use.
- Visualization & collaboration theater - This three-screen, front projected display offers either stereoscopic or monoscopic high-definition visualization and presentation capabilities for up to 60 people.