In order to perform fast calculations, advanced simulations, and big data analysis, Research Technologies provides an array of supercomputers including Big Red II for big data research and simulations, Karst for parallel and high-throughput computing, and Mason for computing jobs with large memory requirements (especially applicable to genomics researchers). The Research Datbase Complex hosts research databases and data applications.
- Big Red II supercomputer - Indiana University's main system for high-performance parallel computing.
- Big Red II supercomputer machine software information - Applications available on Big Red II supercomputer.
- Consulting for supercomputing - Receive consultation to optimize your supercomputing experience through scientific applications and fine tuning.
- High throughput computing: access to local and national resources - The Computational Sciences at Indiana University (CSIU) Virtual Organization (VO) provides services to local researchers in utilizing local and national opportunistic computing cycles through HTC methods. Current IU Collaborators include the IU School of Medicine, the IU School of Informatics, and University Information and Technology Services.
- IU Cyberinfrastructure gateway - The one stop shopping portal for all IU central cyberinfrastructure.
- Karst supercomputer - A high-throughput computing cluster, designed to deliver large amounts of processing capacity over long periods of time.
- Karst supercomputer machine software information - Applications available on Karst supercomputer.
- Licensed HPC software - Licensed software on IU's high performance computing systems.
- Mason supercomputer - A large memory computer cluster configured to support data-intensive, high-performance computing tasks for researchers using genome assembly software, large-scale phylogenetic software, or other genome analysis applications that require large amounts of computer memory.
- Mason supercomputer machine software information - Applications available on Mason supercomputer.
- REDCap - An easy-to-use tool to create, use, and share research databases. It can create relational databases from spreadsheet data and a data dictionary, and provide data for download in SAS, R, SPSS, and Stata formats.
- Software installation request - Big Red II and Karst supercomputers - Software installation request for Big Red II and Karst supercomputers.
- Software installation request - Mason supercomputer - Software installation request for Mason supercomputer.
- Training about research computing - Training which has been identified as helpful to research computing.
- Training on high performance computing - Training which has been identified as helpful to those performing high performance computing.
- Web application hosting on the Research Database Complex (RDC) - Dedicated to research-related databases and data-intensive applications that require a database.